Backpacking is the best way to travel the world. It's your ticket to a lifetime of exciting adventures. On World of Good Travel trips you can expect to:
- Travel with only a backpack. Before the first time you travel with only a backpack, you'll wonder how it will be possible to survive. But after you'll find there's a convenience to traveling around without being weighed down by a big, bulky, hard to maneuver suitcase.
- Eat new foods. Undoubtably one of the best things about traveling is trying new and different foods. Even if maybe you've had a particular dish before, it's a different experience ordering it from a street vendor or eating at a table in a busy local market.
- Stay in dorm-style hostel rooms. This is probably the one factor of backpacking that first timers are most leery of. Probably the effects of too many Hollywood movies evoking the image of dirty, dingy, disgusting rooms. And to be honest, there are a lot of those types of hostels out there. However, there are also so many great hostels out there that are clean, cool, and still cheap. Hostels are the best type of accommodations because it is all about the social experience. Still in doubt? Check out some hostels for yourself on Hostelworld.com.
- Take all modes of transportation. Maybe not as convenient or luxurious as being shuttled on a private tour bus, but taking public transportation is part of the experience. It gives you a chance to see how locals live and a way to travel independently. Learning how to travel without a tour bus means you'll be able to stay longer to explore an enchanting garden or stop to wander a bustling vegetable market.
- Volunteer with worthy organizations. Volunteering is a chance to make a small difference in someone's life. It's also a great way to get involved in a community and work along side locals.
- Visit important historical and cultural sites. There are so many incredible things to see in the world. From works of art to temples built by ancient civilizations to Earth's natural wonders, a lifetime of traveling wouldn't be enough time to see it all.
- Learn to research, plan, and navigate. The ultimate goal of World of Good Travel trips is to be able to teach you to one day be able to go on your own independent backpacker adventures. During our trips, we will share travel tips with you including how to book transportation and hostels, how to negotiate with drivers and vendors, how to navigate cities with maps, and most importantly how to travel smart and safe.